5 Tips For Making A Statement With Monochromatic Dressing
Monochromatic dressing means to dress in one color. Usually dark colors are considered for monochromatic dressing. Dark colors make you look slimmer and hence you look taller. Black is considered as the best option for monochromatic dressing. Some people might think that dressing in same color from head to toe can be dull but at the same time it can be classy if you chose the right cuts for your body.
Related: 3 Piece Suits for Men
Monochromatic dressing can be nerve-wracking. You can either end up like a clown or things can turn up boring for you. You need to play smart and choose the right colors, cuts and fittings. Here are 5 Tips for making a statement with monochromatic dressing that you must keep in mind:
- You can never go wrong with a black monochromatic dress. Black makes you look slim and classy at the same time. Wearing black makes you look fairer. Lack jeans with a black logo shirt will give you a trendy look. Black shades and black boots will definitely give you a bad ass look. If you don’t like your wrist to be naked, try a leather black bracelet or a black watch.
- One of the best thing about monochromatic dressing is that you don’t need to think or worry about matching your outfits. You can go for single color as well. You can opt for colors other than black. Yellow is the best color for summer look. You can wear shades of yellow without looking a banana. Wear a yellow top and yellow shades with a brown colored pair of shirts. You can give a try to yellow sneakers or loafers. You can also go for the grey or navy blue color. Navy is extremely versatile and will help to boast your looks. Both these colors help to enhance your personality
- You can bring variations in the shade of the same color. You can wear the light and dark shades of the same color together. You should always wear a lighter colored shirt with darker jacket or sweater.
- If you are hesitant in wearing a monotonous dress up you want to wear a single color, you can play with the patterns. You can go with a striped shirt and a plain trouser. You can also try a dotted tie or a dotted bow tie. You can also wear checked shirt, having checks of same color but light and dark shades. You can also use textures. You can wear ripped black jeans with a cotton shirt and a smooth tie and you can wear a sweater over it. This will give you a trendy look as well.
- Bringing the variety in the sheen is another way of wearing monochromatic dresses. Change in sheen will make some colors stand out and some will fade. You can try matte pants, shirt and sweater with a silk tie. The tie will draw attention of eyes. It is a classical way of dressing up.